Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Joyful Mysteries

In the Catholic Church, the rosary is a prayer which is broken into 5 Mysteries of the life of Christ, to be meditated upon as we pray. I’ve found that writing down some of my thoughts helps me to better be in the mood for this meditation, as I reflect on Christ’s life – and its impact on mine.

I offer some of them to you for your meditation, whether praying the Rosary or not:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation of the Angel to Mary
- This is what I’d have you do: listen for My Will; resolve to do it. No matter
how hard.
- Can God really be calling to me?
- Full of grace – Me?? Lord, I am not worthy.
- How can I do this. This will cause me shame, embarrassment, deep sacrifice or pain, public humiliation. Do You want this?
- Do not be afraid.
- No one who sees me will understand. They’ll talk; they’ll laugh.
- Who am I to question. Any sacrifice You ask will be more than repaid.
- Thy will be done.
- In this I find joy. I trust in You.

2. The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
- I am not alone.
- As I care for others, I am caring for You. And You will care for me.
- All my Blessings of health, wealth, family, friends – You gave to me because You love me.
- All I have I offer back.
- You bring me great joy, more than anything earthly can bring.
- You stir within me; You will always be there.
- My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
- I am blessed; He has done great things for me.
- In this I find Joy.

3. The Birth of Our Lord
- Sad, lonely, afraid. I want to do Your will, but it is so hard – or rather, I am
so weak.
- Does anyone understand my pain? Are You there?
- Sometimes it is difficult to accept comfort, even from those closest to me. It
hurts.
- Thank You that so many difficulties are beyond my control. If I had to choose to bear them, I might have failed.
- For Thy Will, I accept my pains and sorrows. I know You will bring good out of them.
- Out of great sorrow will come great joy – even if I cannot understand it now.
- When others come to see the Joy, may they see You. My pains will be my joy, if they bring You to others.
- That You may grow, and I decrease.
- In this I find Joy.

4. The Presentation of Baby Jesus in the Temple
- I must publicly proclaim the Lord, and celebrate His goodness to me.
- His Church and rituals are important.
- I will learn from His family and friends. He will show me the Way.
- He will strengthen me in my trials.
- He will not leave me alone.
- I can always hear His words proclaimed; He will speak to me.
- In my fear, I can always go to His presence.
- His friends teach me His ways. I must seek them out to know Him.
- In this I find Joy.

5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple
- When He seems far away, I am the one lost. I must seek Him.
- He always waits in His Church. Waits for me.
- No matter how long I’ve been gone, He still loves me.
- No matter how much in pain, He can still wipe away my tears.
- He waits to hug me. He waits to love me.
- I can always go home. I can always see Him again.
- My Jesus I Trust In You!
- In this I find Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment