Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Learning

Orig: 07/14/08

I didn't title this "Today's Meditation" because I think that, for me at least, it will take weeks or more for this to settle within me. The words echo within my being:


"Even if you knew by heart the whole Bible and the sayings of all the philosophers, what would it profit you without the love of God and his grace." "'Everyone has a natural craving for knowledge, but of what avail is knowledge without the fear of God?" "An unlearned person who serves God is surely better than a learned one who proudly searches the heavens while neglecting himself." "'Give up your excessive desire for learning. Therein are to be found only illusion and inner emptiness."

- Imitation of Christ as quoted in Principles of Catholic Theology, by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger


May you have peace on this beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment