Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's a Team Effort

Orig: 01/09/09

My Jesus I Trust In You; I Shall Try to Live Your Trust in Me

We are the Body of Christ; we are Church on earth, that we may join and lead one another to heaven.

We often attend meetings of people on earth. I’ve attended many, most of them business meetings. My usual thoughts on “business” revolve around success and business profits – which are so necessary to enable it to continue, to enable it to benefit mankind. In general, my thoughts during these meetings are around “winning”.

Me versus the other people. I must win.

On rare occasions there are other meetings, meetings described as “team meetings”, where a workgroup is to join together for a common purpose; all to work together; all to find a solution which benefits all. I must confess, I often treat these latter meetings as the former. It’s still me against them.

As members of the Body of Christ, we must work to change this mindset. As members of the Body of Christ, we must work together now, and even into eternity. We must seek to give to one another. We must seek to give to God.

We must not forget that. As members of the Body of Christ, we must help each other now – to deserve in justice heaven – later, to be fit in God’s mercy, for heaven via Purgatory, and even in heaven as we become part of the eternal Body of Christ – deified, one with God, and one with each other.

We need to start that unification now. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment