Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

We always have something to be thankful for, even if we must sometimes search for it. Tomorrow the 1-8 Detroit Lions team will play the 1-8 Cleveland team. Something to give thanks for?? Well, I happened to read my email to friends from last year. It's all relative.

Orig: 11/26/98

As I prepare to head over to mom's for the weekend, I took a last glance at my emails and saw this. I guess it probably summarizes best what I really have to be thankful for right now.

Of course, I am thankful for you guys also. Each one of you made a difference in my life, whether you realized it or not, whether you are reaching for the delete button right now or not. And I am thankful.

Hope you have a very happy holiday and get some rest this weekend.

And if you are having some trouble feeling thankful, remember my note that
said: "Never say: Things can't get any worse". I mean, for example, here in Detroit, the Lions (1-10) will be on tv playing an 11-0 team. I may turn
the game on for a while for mom -- she likes to watch cartoons. :-)

Blessings to you guys,

Daily E-Spirations from Franciscan University
One evening I was in the chapel praying-whining, actually. 'God, do you care? Are you there? Do you hear me?' I recall so clearly God breaking in and that moment telling me that he loved me. I was taken aback, since it had been some time since I had really been able to hear God. 'Well, it is nice to hear from you. But the issue is not your loving me. It is about pain, and death and darkness.' Once again, I heard God tell me that he loved me. I sat in that small chapel and wept. He was right (there, I said it). It was about his love for me. In the midst of everything, God had not abandoned me. He was there and he loved me."

Fr. Dave Pivonka, TOR
Spiritual Freedom: God's Life Changing Gift, Servant Books

No comments:

Post a Comment