Monday, November 23, 2009

Why Read This?

I feel that some may be glancing at this blog from time to time to see what may be of interest. Others may believe that some of these words are mine only, a personal story to be read about me and my thoughts – which too often may appear “heavy or preachy.”

That is not why I write, nor why you should consider reading.

I really don’t believe anything I write is “interesting”. If that is what you seek, there are more fun-filled sites to entertain you. My words are personal sometimes, true, but only insofar as they pertain to answers I have perceived to calm my own anxieties, my worries, my stresses in this life, and I believe my experiences may help calm your fears also. Yes, that is sometimes heavy stuff. “Do Not Be Anxious” IS the title of this blog.

And there are some words I write (or re-present from others) that are not meant for me. I get no great insights from them, yet I believe them important. I feel compelled to write them even as I am sometimes compelled to sneeze. I can’t stop it, and I don’t know why. Perhaps there are some small “germs” in the words that you are meant to catch out of the air.

I spend time most mornings in meditation. Sometimes ten minutes, sometimes an hour. Usually I read some words of The Liturgy of the Hours, Scripture or saintly authors, and my mind ponders. Sometimes I write. It is in that spirit, words to be meditated upon, as I do, that I write this blog.

If you read these words in that serious spirit, asking of God: “Lord, what would you have me do?” and still come away with nothing of value from these words --- then laugh!! At least in that way they will make you feel better. And the laughter will relieve, even if for only a moment, your anxieties. And then the time I spent writing this will have been worth it. :-)

Never let evil talk pass your lips; say only the good things men need to hear, things that will really help them. Do nothing that will sadden the Holy Spirit with whom you were sealed against the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, all passion and anger, harsh words, slander, and malice of every kind. In place of these, be kind to one another, compassionate, and mutually forgiving, just as God has forgiven you in Christ. (Eph 4: 29-32)

No comments:

Post a Comment