Tuesday, December 22, 2009

All I Want For Christmas

I say a rosary each night, walking in front of the local abortion-promotion outlet. Last night as I walked in the quiet cold, my mind once again began to stray – or so I thought, at first.

I remembered John F. Kennedy’s book, Profiles in Courage. I wondered if I sent a copy to each senator in Washington, would they read it? Would it matter?

Last night under the stars, I said a sincere Christmas prayer: All I want for Christmas, Lord, is one man of courage, one shining star. Not one who thinks he IS a star, born to outshine all others, but one who seeks out and quietly does your will. One man of courage.

Be attentive, Lord, to the prayer of the helpless. Let this be written for ages to come, that a people yet unborn may praise the Lord (PS 102).

No comments:

Post a Comment