Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Family: Your Boat

Mark 4:37-39: “… waves beat into the boat, so that the boat was being swamped. But he (Jesus) was … asleep on the cushion; and they woke him up and said to him, ‘… do you not care that we are perishing?’”

When troubles whip at our family, God sometimes seems to sleep, and I want to give up, abandon ship.

Padre Pio’s assurance: “… stay in the boat in which our Lord has placed you, and let the storm come. You will not perish. It appears to you that Jesus is sleeping, but let it be so. Don’t you know that if he sleeps, his heart vigilantly watches over you? Let him sleep, but at the right time, he will awaken to restore your calm.”

“Scripture tells us that dearest Saint Peter (when walking on the water) was frightened. Trembling, he exclaimed, ‘Oh, Lord, save me!’ And our Lord, taking him by the hand, replied, ‘You of little faith, why did you doubt?’ … You are walking on the sea, and you find the wind and waves, but isn’t it enough to be with Jesus? … But if fear takes you by surprise, cry, ‘Oh Lord, save me!’ He will stretch out his hand to you. Hold onto it tightly, and joyfully walk on the stormy sea of life.”

I promise to stay in my “boat”, Lord, knowing that you will bouy me up. Thank you for my family. Always use me to love and help them. Amen.
Padre Pio’s Words of Hope – Meditation 41

No comments:

Post a Comment