Saturday, December 5, 2009

A Prayer for Those Who Live Alone

I think Advent and Christmas are sometimes lonely seasons, even for those who live within loving families, and among friends. No one can see into our hearts, except our God. And sometimes we are very alone in our thoughts and feelings.

Well, please know that I am thinking about you, and I do care and pray for you, especially in this season. And to perhaps help in some small way, I offer you this prayer I often pray.

A Prayer for Those Who Live Alone
I live alone, dear Lord, stay by my side,
In all my daily needs, be Thou my guide.

Grant me good health, for that indeed I pray,
To carry on my work, from day to day.

Keep pure my mind, my thoughts, my every deed,
Let me be kind, unselfish, in my neighbor’s need.

Spare me from fire, from flood, malicious tongues,
From thieves, from fear, and evil ones.

If sickness or an accident befall,
Then humbly, Lord, I pray, hear Thou my call.

And when I’m feeling low, or in despair,
Lift up my heart, and help me in my prayer.

I live alone, dear Lord, yet have no fear,
Because I feel Your Presence, ever near. Amen

- - Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment