Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Things to Remember

Today began as just another day. My mind wandered to many things, and my morning readings, although interesting, held no great insights for me. But then I looked at my bookmark, a long ago gift from a friend. For the first time in quite a while I read the words on it. Although strictly speaking it does not fit with the theme of this blog, still, every time I read it I feel a bit uplifted. Perhaps you will also.

I wish you a blessed day.


Twelve Things to ALWAYS Remember …
And One Thing to NEVER Forget


Your presence is a present to the world.
You’re unique and one of a kind.
Your life can be what you want it to be.
Take the days just one at a time.

Count your blessings, not your troubles.
You’ll make it through whatever comes along.
Within you are so many answers.
Understand, have courage, be strong.

Realize that it’s never too late.
Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
Have health and hope and happiness.
Take the time to thank God.

And don’t ever forget … for even a day …
How very special you are.

- Collin McCarry (with a minor revision)
as published by Blue Mountain Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment