Sunday, April 4, 2010

Joy

There! That's a good title for a post on Easter day.

Sometimes I fear I am too serious in my blog posts. Even the blog title, Do Not Be Anxious, reads almost like a serious command. While I do want to give peace to any readers, peace is not the same thing as joy. Peace calms anxieties; joy isn't calm at all, it is uplifting, dancing, happiness -- a peace on skis, moving rapidly through our landscape of life.

I think what I write is needed, else why would I feel compelled sometimes to see things and write things as I do. While truly often I gain peace myself first and foremost from my thoughts, I also do often gain joy. I hope in some small measure, even one person finds peace (and praise God, Joy!) in what I write. But on this day, I'd like to make a more focused attempt at joy.

So I'll refer you to someone else who writes of it better than I. Please consider reading this wonderful post before you would consider reading my less joyful words.

Peace -- and Joy! -- to you this Easter day.

http://cathyadamkiewicz.blogspot.com/2010/04/in-his-shadow.html

P.S. Can any blogging guru tell me how to embed that link?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tom, for the link to Cathy's blog. She does indeed radiate JOY. She is surely a modern-day-saint. Her book Broken and Blessed is both heart-rending and uplifting at the same time.

    P.S. I'm praying for you and your Mom. I prayed the Divine Chaplet on her behalf this afternoon. May the God of all Comfort be with you.

    ReplyDelete