Sunday, August 15, 2010

Victory

Today the Church celebrates the Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary into heaven. Jesus her Son called to her: “Come, Mother, celebrate with Me My Victory.” Undoubtedly hers is a place of great honor; I’ll perhaps one day be content with any place there.

I turn to Mary this day and pray: “I’m so thankful to you, Mother, that despite your being raised into the glory of the Father, your Son, and the Holy Spirit, as we celebrate this day, yet you were able to turn from all this unimaginable Love, to love me. A feast day today, but I will remember on every day, of how you turned to call me back to your Son, when I was so lost.”


Sweet Sacrament
Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wond'rous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought.
Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore.
O make us love Thee more and more!
O make us love Thee more and more!

Had I but Mary's sinless heart,
To love Thee with, my dearest King;
O with what bursts of fervent praise,
Thy goodness, Jesus, would I sing!
Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore.
O make us love Thee more and more!
O make us love Thee more and more!



Hail Holy Queen, Enthroned above ….




P.S. Today many people are remembering V-J Day, Victory over Japan in World War II. The church does not celebrate secular holidays, yet I read from Psalm 46 this morning: He puts an end to wars over all the earth. Thank you, Lord, for loving and caring for us, your children. All our victories are from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment