Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Little Education

I received the first edition of The Christian RENASCENCE from Ave Maria University in the mail. It presents the orientation address by Nicholas J. Healy, the President of AMU to the students. It’s titled: “A Time for Cultural Renewal.” I thought the topic was fitting, and the address well-done. Even more, I think that this little publication will be a tool for keeping myself educated on many matters. AMU intends to publish this little newsletter of speeches on a regular basis --- and it is free.

I’d like to think that this blog is a little education to any readers. Perhaps not always, but at least once in a while I hope it gives you something to think about, and perhaps educate you. And so I pause from my reflections to suggest that you may enjoy this little publication from Ave Maria University also. You can register to receive it for free at: www.avemaria.edu. And if you’re going to get that one, I’d also suggest you also register to receive a similar monthly (and free) publication called Imprimis, from Hillsdale College at www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis.asp.

Both publications should afford you a simple way to keep up on thoughts and actions in the public square which affect matters of faith and morals in our country. Knowledge is a weapon, and with a good weapon you may be less anxious about the unknowns we will all face.

No comments:

Post a Comment