Monday, March 20, 2017

Me:Dummie



I finished filing my taxes last week and in closing, Turbotax informed me that it would not be available for me next year; it would not support Vista for 2017 returns.  Coupled with similar notices from Bit Defender and other software companies, I went out last week and bought a new computer and up-to-date Windows and Office software.
I went to the computer geek guys about 4 or 5 times, ensuring that they had transferred stuff from my old computer ----- and that I could find it.  Inch by inch, I made progress but every time I tried something else, I couldn’t find some tool I used on my old computer, or some bookmark, or some name, or some file.  I knew that given a few years I would eventually figure it all out, however I gave up.
It will probably be another week or two before things get somewhat normal for me ---- hopefully I’ll fulfill my Lenten resolution to do some housecleaning.  But today I ordered Office 2016 and Windows 10 for Dummies, which should get me headed in the right direction.  Maybe.  Until then, don’t be looking for much in the way of blog postings, emails, or anything electronic from me.
Me --- Dummie.

No comments:

Post a Comment