Monday, June 3, 2019

When All is Right


The attendance at mass this morning was rather sparse.  I so often see the same people who are part of my life there, but this morning none of MY regulars were there.  But in prayer, I remembered them.
Fr. Paul seemed a bit down, even as he spoke words about accepting the Holy Spirit in our life, accepting His lead.  Jesus sent Him for us, yet some time we are so focused on our wants that we don’t seek out His.  As Fr. Paul walked down the aisle at the end of mass, I softly said: “Thank you, Fr. Paul,” to let him know his work is needed, and appreciated.   And he acknowledged my words with a soft “Thank you” in return.
The beautiful sunrise had shone through the glass windows of the church, and now afterwards I again faced East as I drove home.  And I gave thanks.  God has blessed many of my friends, and those He has brought into my life, and I thanked Him.  There are those I know with sufferings and sorrows, continuing, and I asked Him to be there with them.  And He gave me words of consolation for them.  Little things, yet I KNEW they were of Him.
I arrived home and parked in my garage.  My lawn and landscaping looked so fresh and green; it was as a picture.  I turned to look down the driveway for the morning paper, but I couldn’t see it at first.  I looked at the grass --- perhaps it had been in advertently tossed there.  Then I looked at my neighbors’ driveways, where it was sometimes tossed.  Then, as I was looking a car sped past my house, and the driver’s hand was seen over the top of the car, and as I stood there the paper he tossed landed in the center of my drive.
Oh, there it is. 
I wrote of connections, and how sometimes God makes it very clear how His will works in our lives.  And sometimes, like today, you just know:  All is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment