Monday, June 8, 2020

Blessed Are the Peacemakers


Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God
The Gospel today was on the Beatitudes, said to be a summary of the heart of Christ.  The sermon on EWTN was again compelling; it reminded me of things I had heard before, but are most applicable today.  The priest quoted Mother Teresa of Calcutta:
The fruit of Silence is Prayer
The fruit of Prayer is Faith
The fruit of Faith is Love,
The fruit of Love is Service, and
The fruit of Service is Peace.
Peace does not start in anger, but it starts in Silence.
The priest also said how Mother Teresa’s Sisters are taught to pray each day the Peace Prayer:
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
That prayer hangs in the hallway at the top of my stairs, and is one of the first prayers I pray each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment