Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Sorrowful Mysteries

Sometimes when I think on the Sorrows of Jesus’ life, I confuse it with my own sorrows. But then I remember how he suffered but overcame it all, and why. And it gives me strength and comfort. And I know I am not alone.


The Sorrowful Mysteries


1. The Agony in the Garden
- I have pains now; but worse may come
- Can I accept God’s will? For me?
- Friends abandon me; no one cares; I seem all alone
- I’ll accept life’s sorrows for you, my God, for you
- I’ll choose to do your will
- Who will listen to my words? Who will remember?
- Who will walk with me?
- Who will abandon me?
- Good or bad, I am resigned. I will go on.
- My sorrows are nothing compared to yours

2. The Scourging at the Pillar
- The first pains, no more anticipation. Finally! I will do this
- Pain is a consolation; it takes my mind from what will come
- I understand now: my pains are so little
- Bad things just continue. Can I do this? Can WE do this?
- God help me! I feel alone, and hear no answer
- Continuing non-stop pain; continuing
- Rhythm develops. I can ignore this pain if I will it
- In my life the pain seems to constantly change; it is hard to ignore
- By myself I would give up, but you are there. I know that
- In my sorrow, My Jesus, I Trust In You

3. The Crowning With Thorns
- Why this torture? Few pain receptors in my head
- A deeper pain here: all my life’s seems in vain. No one pities; all laugh.
- Retirement? Usefulness? Alone; forgotten. What value all my work? All forget. Why did I exist?
- More. Any memory of me is ridiculed. Christ – King? Church – Salvation? Eternal life? Ha-ha! Why? No one understands my ‘why’
- Does it matter if I go on? Who benefits from my suffering? Should I abandon friends – as they do me?
- In my deepest pain: quiet. Alone; no one cares
- Father, I believe in You. But You are quiet.
- The sharp pain I can concentrate on, can accept. The quiet pain hurts more.
- All the accomplishments, all the lauds – gone.
- In my sorrow, My Jesus, I Trust In You

4. The Carrying of the Cross
- I’m strong, but I never expected this weight
- The heaviest weight is the loneliness
- Noise – but it is the quiet speaking even more loudly: “They don’t care”.
- I remember Peter’s betrayal. He is not here.
- My mother cares. Her sorrows hurt me more than mine
- I can only count on my mother’s love
- How often I fall; alone I cannot lift myself up
- Many cry, but only in pity, not love. I know the Father loves me
- I thank the Father for giving me friends, help for the journey
- I know I can go on. In my sorrow, My Jesus, I Trust In You.

5. The Crucifixion
- Few came; only the curious
- Curious, not firm, despite all my work? They doubt
- All my work? Will it be remembered?
- This is my agony. This I finally accept. For Love – I will to Love. Despite all, I will to Love
- I trust in You. My Father, I trust in You.
- They can mock me from all sides, it matters not.
- I can see death nearby, I welcome it
- I always had doubts, but they were in me, never in you, Father. Never you
- Glory and praise be to you, now and forever
- In my sorrow, I see the never ending Joy arrive. I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment