Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Morn

In a bit of a rush this morning, as I went to mass – a Christmas mass for me – and then went home to pack and head to mom’s. Her caregiver wanted to head home early for Christmas, to beat the coming storm.

On the FM station which plays all Christmas music, I heard a couple of very nice verses, which I wanted to make note of for myself, and decided to make available to you.

The first was a beautiful poem done by a Minnesota man named Tim Hegg, and was read by the station dj. The poem is called “A Cup of Christmas Tea”. It says much for us to think on this Christmas Eve. Following it was a song written by Bobby Darin that I had never heard before called “A Christmas Old Lang Sein”. If you have some time this Christmas Eve, drop over to these websites and read the words.

www.atthewell.com/Christmas/tea and www.bobbydarin.net/xmaslyrics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment