Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sing Out!!

I must admit I’ve grown into an Andrea Bocelli fan over the past year. I recently purchased his “My Christmas” album, and love to play it with a volume to rival the window-rattling bass of the teen-ager cars nearby, as I go about my Christmas shopping.

His “Angels We Have Heard on High” with its “Gloria, in Excelsis Deo!” brings tears to my eyes. But then his “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” – sung with an Italian accent – makes me laugh, and the accompany young children’s choir is almost angelic. Sung in English, Italian, Latin, and German, the songs remind me of days long past, and midnight Christmas Eve mass preceded by Christmas carols. How happily we sung along; it was Jesus’ birthday.

There are still many opportunities to joyfully sing out with Christmas cheer. Radio station WJR here in Detroit had its annual Christmas sing-along downtown at Hart Plaza, and will be re-playing the cheerful time over the next few days. Station 100.3 FM plays continuous Christmas music.

Whether you want to listen to Bocelli, little children’s choirs, or even instrumental music, sing along! In your house, in your car, yes even in the malls. Sing along!

This is a season of preparation for God’s gift to us, and it is a joyous season. Whether it’s Silent Night, Adeste Fideles, Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, or I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – one of my favorites – sing along!

Joy to the world! The Lord is come!

Merry Christmas, my friends. Peace and Love – and much Joy – to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment