Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Looking Out My Kitchen Window

 


 

A few years ago, my lawn care guy cut some roots of the maple tree in the middle of my backyard.  Rather quickly, it began to die.  I gave it some time to renew itself, but it was gone.  I had the lawn care guy cut it down.  I debated what to do, and decided I liked the wooden circular seating I had designed for around the tree, and didn’t want to lose it, so the question became what to put in the vacant area.

Fortunately, I had told the guy to not cut the stump until I decided what to do.  I happened to be at the Catholic bookstore (Our Lady of Grace in Ann Arbor) and they had a selection of statues which were well done.  I purchased the above statue of Mary, and went to a nursery where I found a stone slab (a nice tinge of blue color also!) which I purchased and used for the statue’s base, on top of the stump.  This is what I now see looking outside my kitchen window into the yard. 

I had a small container of holy water from Fatima, which I used to bless the statue.  I’d like to think that now Mary watches over me and my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment