Monday, April 17, 2023

It's All My Fault

 

As I opened the chapel door tonight, a cold gust of wind blew in and sent papers flying across the room.  Everyone looked up at me.  I apologized and went around picking up all the papers.  As I was going to sit down, I paused by my friend Catherine and said: “This weather is all my fault.  It was warm all last week and I just sweated, so last night I set out a short sleeve shirt for today.  And then as I left the house for church this morning, it started snowing!  I’m so sorry I caused this cold weather.” 

“So, this afternoon, I am back to this,” I told her, noting the old sweatshirt I wore.  Catherine just smiled.  Later, as she was leaving the chapel, she stopped by me and softly pinched my sweatshirt as she said: “Now I want you to leave this sweatshirt on.  Promise me you won’t take it off again until it hits at least 87 degrees.” 

I promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment