Wednesday, February 14, 2024

A Bumper Sticker

I saw a rather nice bumper sticker on a car this morning.  It said:  Do You Follow Jesus This Close?

And before you ask, yes, I was close.  I was right behind that car in the line leaving the church parking lot.

 

Today is Ash Wednesday.  Unfortunately, it is also St Valentine’s Day.  I suspect the restaurants will be crowded.  It is a great day to give witness, having been crossed with ashes on our forehead we can go out to eat or shopping or just aisle-shopping, and the cross will give silent witness that We Believe.

I think I may try for a 3PM or so Linner, if I see a not so crowded restaurant parking lot nearby.

 

Happy Ash Wednesday!   Happy St. Valentine’s Day.  I hope Lent spurs us all on to spiritual growth.  Although I turned off my Christmas tree and outside lights last night, I will leave it all up until Easter.  We celebrated His birth at Christmas, I will continue to celebrate it until His Re-Birth at Easter.  Then it will all come down in my house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment