Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Candy Day



With the culture’s penchant for re-naming anything remotely religious, I’m somewhat surprised they haven’t gotten around to re-naming Halloween, which is a shortened form of All Hallow’s E’en, or the eve of All Saints Day, November 1 on the Church calendar.  I figure Candy Day is what the culture will come up with ---- although perhaps not.

 This sign went up this week on a farm I pass each day.  I’m not sure if this is perhaps an alternative to giving away candy on Halloween night; if it is, you’d better hurry because it says there are only 8 left.  Of course it could be something else.  I mean, if it were REALLY a flying pigs farm then they might be selling them in place of drones, which are getting lots of government regulatory reviews lately.  Or, for that matter, perhaps the sign was put up by the cows in the background, kind of like an ad for: “Eat more pork.”  You never know about those cows, they can be kind of sneaky.

I don’t know if you got out to look at the huge beautiful moon earlier this week.  I tried to capture a picture of it, but it really didn’t capture the size, or beauty --- although the traffic signals came out clear.  I wonder if the moon will be visible Halloween night; it would be appropriate for the evening.

These guys might also be an alternative to Halloween candy, but probably not.  They were wonderful gifts over the years, and I could never part with them.  I’ve got plenty of candy for give-away on Saturday night, including the large chocolate bars for the littlest of angels, and the extra bags of Snickers to give out in case the rest of the candy runs out.  And if it doesn’t, well, I’m sure I find SOME use for the Snickers (which are in my freezer right now --- just in case they are leftover). 

No comments:

Post a Comment