Thursday, June 24, 2021

I Can't Believe How Much He Loves Me

 

Those were the words of the dying woman after she had spent an hour in the Adoration Chapel.  Not a Catholic, yet she had asked me to take her to a chapel, and afterward in my car she could not stop crying for happiness.

I’ve had some difficult days these past few months.  A fall caused serious injury to my hand.  As I prayed for in the Litany of Humility, honors and praise left me, as did esteem and friends.  But as in that prayer where I pray for God to help me to bear those things, I find that He does.

This week, I received a call from a woman I helped years ago.  Then, she was in a most troubling situation. We spoke over an hour during her call, and she sent me pictures of her new baby, Mary, and her family of eight kids.  She described how God had aided her in these troubled times, and in particular her most troubled children, and now they were happy and one previously-rowdy child even received a note from his teacher praising him for his prayerful example to others.  When things are going bad in our lives, God does not forget us.

And during this past year, my cleaning lady of 25 years retired while I cloistered myself away from contacts during this pandemic.  But this week we exchanged notes, and today she came and cleaned my home --- and I could not pay her enough, nor thank her enough for putting me on a regular cleaning schedule again. 

God does not forget us.  Whether we are dying or suffering pains or humiliations, or even giving up the effort to clean our house, God does not forget us.  I am so blessed to see His reminders all around me, in the people He puts into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment