Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Remember: You Are Not Alone

 

Yesterday, I took a friend to the ER, and waited in the crowded emergency room with her, for hours.  She ultimately was admitted to the hospital.  For the next few days, I will stay away from any gatherings, in case I might have caught some illness, and be a carrier of it.

I thought and prayed about not attending daily mass, and I finally resolved to watch the daily mass aired on EWTN.  Thoughts of what I would miss in the live participation weighed on me; I was so used to going to daily mass and receiving Holy Communion.  I had forgotten all the benefits I had received back when I previously watched daily mass on TV, all during the Covid-focused times.  But I forgot; now I was focused on “me” and my feelings --- until I heard the EWTN priest’s homily this morning.

My life is not about “me.”

 

Unlike some saints, we are called not to be martyrs, but to a hidden death, to let go of ourselves, to sacrifice, quietly, willingly, surrendering to the new life Jesus wants to give us.
                                                                               
- Fr Mark Mary      Irondale, Alabama

 

Don’t fret about the past, or even the future.  Live life now, with Him.  “My name is I AM.”   

2 comments:

  1. I pray you both are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your prayers. She had all 5 toes removed from one foot, but now is home and healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete