Saturday, March 31, 2018

Holy Saturday Odds and Ends


It’s the day after Good Friday and all it’s ceremonies, rituals, and events, and the day before Easter celebrations.  It’s kind of an in-between day, and it seems that way to me.  It’s kind of a calm day for me, with much faith matters before and after, and only curiosities today.
*  In recent times I’ve noted that things which block my will are often things which are meant to give me pause, and to ask: “Is there a reason, Lord, why my will is being blocked?  Is there something You’d rather have me do, or become aware of?”  And often, I’ve discovered new insights I might have missed.  So this morning when I pulled into the 7-11 for my usual coffee, I paused when my routine was blocked:  There was a duck sitting in my parking space!  Now, I did ask God about this, however no great insights have come to me, except to keep looking around ---- maybe He’s warning me to duck??

*  Driving to church yesterday afternoon, I noticed the bumper sticker on the car in front of me.  It said: “Before I saw you in the womb, I knew you.”  And it was only after I read this that I noticed the car’s license plate:  KNOW HIM.  No message from God, but a pretty good one, in my opinion, from the driver in front of me.

*  I wrapped all the Easter baskets on Thursday.  Today is delivery day to my neighbors and a friend, and their children.  It’s something I learned from my parents, and especially my mom, they never forgot the kids on Easter.  I don’t either.

*  Had breakfast with my friend this morning.  He kept repeating how crazy the Tiger’s game was yesterday --- they lost their home opener in 13 innings, 13-10.  It was the longest ball game since 1908, running 5 ½ hours.  With my friend’s illness, I know he forgot all the game’s details and even its length, but (unfortunately) he did remember the score, which he repeated over and over again, even with a mouthful as he ate his breakfast.  I guess it WAS a memorable game.

*  Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, and April 1st.  And to all the atheists, Jews, and skeptics of His time I say:  April Fools’.  You thought you killed Him on Good Friday, but He rose again.  April Fools’!  
And I pray you have a happy and blessed Easter day.  He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment