Wednesday, March 28, 2018

This is Passion Week


I can’t tell you how many people I know who would describe their life, right now, as one of great suffering.  Many are disheartened; some are scared.
I pray for them.
But as for giving them counsel, all I can say is:  Take heart.  All sufferings are for a purpose, but there will com an end, and you shall rise again.  That is the message we need to take comfort in this week, as we trudge along.  This is our Passion Week.
Jesus showed us how to suffer, as we recall this week, but He showed us something else:  We are not alone!!   He said: “I will be with you always,” and He also said: “Be merciful even as your Father is merciful.”  In the midst of His Passion, He knew He was not alone, and He will not leave us alone in ours.
“There is a very deep connection, emphasized in Scripture, between one’s relationship with God and one’s relationship with others.  The divine blessing will be measured out to me according to my attitude toward my neighbor.”  (The Eight Doors o the Kingdom, by Jacques Philippe, P143)
In our passion, in the carrying of our cross, we are not alone.  He is with us, and so is our neighbor, who will show mercy to us and walk with us in our trials.  As we ponder His Passion this week, and our own sorrows, let us not forget to look around and see and thank those who are helping us, and to show mercy to those neighbors we see in need.  Don’t let them walk alone.
Happy are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment