Friday, April 12, 2019

The Pope Reads This Blog!!


Okay, maybe I sometimes exaggerate a little.
Okay, maybe a lot.
Okay, and maybe it isn’t the pope, but the Pope Emeritus.
If you’ve been reading this blog, you know of some insights which I believe God has put into my heart, including insights as to what is happening in the Church, and why.  In short, God showed me that it was not the Church which had changed, but the whole world.  And the changes started with the “I’m free to do my own thing” movement in the ‘60’s and ‘70’s.  And now Benedict XVI is saying what I’ve written.
This (below link) is an article commenting on a letter the former pope is releasing, about the conditions within the Catholic Church, and its causes.  The summary rings true with what I’ve been led to perceive and write about here.  Now I’ve got to admit that it is unlikely that the pope really reads this blog, but we DO pray to the same God.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't put it past God - you just never know. That's one of the things about the Communion of Saints, we are all so connected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no coincidences, I always say --- and believe. I try not to worry about some of the things God puts in my heart; there is little I can think to do about any of it. But, I'm sure He can think of lots of things, so I just pray, and trust.

    Cyn, I made brief mention of a friend who is going through some major crises in her life. For Christmas I had given her the complete set of the series Joan of Arcadia, which re-airs now late at night. The series shows that God DOES work in our lives, in ways we can't begin to imagine. Joan is told by God to do things she believes are completely ridiculous (even as she often questions: Are you really God?"), and she is totally surprised in each episode (as is the viewer) how something simple she does, with love, impacts those near to her --- and the world. My friend recently started watching those episodes, from the first, with me. And her mind, and heart, have been opened to God's working in the sorrows of her life. I think it will be on my Christmas list for my 14-yer-old great-nieces. The series so wonderfully shows how: There are no coincidences.

    ReplyDelete