Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Just Imagine ...

 

I awoke early this morning to some very clear images which had entered my mind.  And I wrote down what I saw:

I was watching a television screen up close, and what appeared like a commercial came on.  I saw two women --- they looked like twins --- who were obviously pregnant and in the pangs of birth being wheeled down the hall in hospital gurneys, side by side.  One smiled and said to the other: “Mine is a girl; do you know what you’re having?”  And the other responded: “I’m having an abortion.”

n  I was shocked, and I thought: Just imagine the shock and pain of that first sister, and the sadness which overcame what was to be her day of joy.

Now on the screen I saw the same hallway, and a single pregnant woman being wheeled by what looked like a hospital orderly.  At the end of the hallway were two doorways:  Birthing and Abortion.  I saw the tired-looking orderly pause, trying to remember where he was supposed to go.  He guesses the abortion room, and the people there (not doctors) see the baby’s head emerging, and to save time and effort, say their abortion attempt failed.  The baby is put into a small cart, and for convenience’s sake is put in the nursery.  Other babies there smile or cry, and they are held and fed.  But not the aborted baby.  It will just stay there, untouched, until it dies.  Then it will be disposed of with other hospital waste. 

n  Just imagine when that mother awakens to find her baby gone.  It is something which will affect her whole life, and those thoughts perhaps mine also.

But then I saw yet another scene on the television.  A woman is in a hospital bed, the pangs of birth are coming closer together; soon it will be time to have her baby.  Her husband sits next to her --- reading the newspaper.  Suddenly, in her pain, she looks at him and screams: “Enough!  You don’t care what I’m going through!  I want an abortion!”  No one is allowed to counsel her against what “she now chooses” to do, and as I watched, her baby was horribly aborted.

n  Just imagine what the woman feels when again in control of her emotions.  Imagine what she feels when she goes home and her other children ask: “Where is our sister?”  Just imagine what they’ll feel when they discover that mom “chose” to abort her.

Just imagine all these scenes which seemed very real to me would be possible if Michigan’s state constitution is changed (Proposal 3) to allow women “to choose” abortion at any time, at any age (with no parental consent allowed), for any reason.  And no one performing an abortion can be sued for any mistakes.  As I lay in bed this morning, I thought those scenes I saw were very real, and very possibly a picture of our state’s future. 

But as I lay in bed shuddering at these thoughts, I became aware I was still watching that television screen.  Then I saw myself moving back from in front of the screen, and I could now see the room it was in.  And there I saw what looked like Satan and lots of his friends.  They were eating popcorn and candy, drinking beer, and watching the screen, seeing exactly what I had seen, and laughing and laughing and laughing and laughing.

n  Just imagine that.

But while all those thoughts troubled my mind, I had one final thought.  I was again up close looking at the screen.  There I now saw a beautiful array of flowers and pretty trees.  It was totally still, and I felt some peace, as I perceived the place to be the Garden of Eden.  Then, I heard a very soft whisper in the Garden, as a voice said to Eve: “No you have a right to choose …”  And before I could hear Eve’s response, from the rest of the room behind me I heard a loud:  Har! Har! Har!

n  Just imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment