Friday, May 5, 2023

How Much Do You Trust?

 

This morning, the guys were in Mark Chapter 13, looking at Jesus’ words on the destruction of the Temple, and the great tribulation to come, and the signs of its coming.  The conversations focused on “Has the Gospel been preached to all nations?” and “Are there lots of earthquakes now?”  But me?  I focused on the words “He who endures to the end will be saved.”  There are many things my pea brain can’t comprehend in Scripture, in the goings on in the world, and in my life.  I won’t worry.  I’ll just try to trust, but all through history that’s always been a hard thing.

He parted the Red Sea, and drowned their pursuers, yet …

Can He give us bread?
Can He provide meat for His people?”
And then:    “His fire was kindled against Jacob
His anger rose against Israel
For having no faith in God.”   Psalm 78

Jesus worked miracles, cast out demons, and even raised the dead, yet …

“Trust in God still, and trust in Me.
I am going to prepare a place for you.”
But,    “Have I been with you all this time, Phillip,
And still you still do not know me?”   Jn 14

Then He was arrested, and they fled.  Peter denied Him three times.  Of the apostles, only John was at the cross.  I wonder if I could have trusted in Him during those days of His Passion.  When the tomb was empty, could I have trusted that He rose ---- as He said He would.  When the others hid, fearing arrest torture, and death, could I have been strong and stood up for the one I KNEW was God?

And today?  I see the Gospel history.  I see the martyrs; I’ve even seen miracles in these days, and yet ….  The Church is crashing, our country is crashing; our culture is crashing.  It is still so tempting to bury myself in books, in videos, in mindless entertainment (like everyone else), in anything to take my mind from the stress of things beyond my control, and to hide from possible pursuers, even as the apostles hid.  Yet …

He said: “I will be with you always.”  He said: “Trust in me.”  He said: “Do not be anxious.”

And He said: “And still you do not know me?”

 How much do I trust?  Do Not Be Anxious is the title I write under.  How much do you trust?

Go for a walk today, outside in the spring air.  Look at the beautiful green grass, smell the spring flowers, see the trees in bloom, and hear the kids playing.  Look at the blue sky, and feel the gentle breeze.  These are not end times, but beginning times.  We are alive now, for a reason, and because HE trusts in us.  Don’t worry about tomorrow, just take His hand.  He is I AM, the God of today.  Look lovingly at His face displayed in all creation, and say: “My Jesus, I trust in You.”

You are never alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment